🗞️ Star Wars
Star Wars’ mysticism borrows heavily from Taoism philosophy and concepts.
The Force with its dark/light side comes from the concept of duality in the Tao. The light and dark balance each other.
This yin and yang inspires the ideas:
- Darth Vader has the seeds of goodness inside of him
- When a powerful good rises, a powerful evil necessarily does as well
- Anakin (Darth Vader) has a son just as powerful as himself. Luke’s light is indivisible from Anakin’s darkness.
- The seeds of each other’s opposite lives within each of them.
- Anakin finds redemption at the end of Return of the Jedi.
- Luke succumbs to his darkness in The Last Jedi.
- Rey rises out of nowhere to match the darkness that arose in Kylo Ren.
- “There are always two: a master and an apprentice”